Monday, January 14, 2013

About Me/My Relationship with Writing

ABOUT ME
Hello everyone, and welcome to my blog! So, just a little background information about myself: My name is Jamie Seppanen, I'm currently a freshman at Michigan State University, and I am majoring in Kinesiology. I've always enjoyed math and science in school and I've loved sports all my life, so Kinesiology fits my interests pretty well. Blogging is not typically something I would considering doing and the reason I am writing this blog is because it is a writing assignment for my WRA 150 class. However, I am actually very glad that this is something I am required to do, because although I'm sure about KIN, I am not sure what career path I want to follow after I complete my undergraduate degree.I have been considering Occupational Therapy and would like to explore the career more, and this is the perfect opportunity to do so. Throughout this blog I will attempt to expand my knowledge, and yours, of the world of occupational therapy. I will learn and share with you all of the different pathways this career can take you, and the many benefits that can come from being an OT.  
MYSELF AS A WRITER
Although I am writing this bog, I have to admit that writing and I have never exactly been friends. I’m not a very creative thinker, and I have a hard time getting my thoughts to translate to my work in a well-thought out, organized way. Also, being more of a math and science type of girl, I am just not very interested in the subject, which sometimes comes across in my work. My goal through this class and writing this blog is to find a way to make writing come easier and to be able to be excited about writing instead dreading it. I will do my best to write interesting entries that you will enjoy reading, but I'll admit that I need some improvement, so please bear with me here as I polish my writing skills! I hope my blog is something you will come to find both enjoyable and informative! 

No comments:

Post a Comment