Saturday, March 16, 2013

Occupational Therapy Schools in Michigan

MICHIGAN OT SCHOOLS

Whenever I talk to others about the choices I need to make in college, I'm given the same response every time: "You have tons of time to think about it, you'll figure it out." Well I can't speak for the other freshmen here at MSU, but I already feel a bit rushed. A good chunk of my 2012-2013 schedule were classes already specifically for my major (Kinesiology), which became a bit of an issue when I was still deciding if it was the major I wanted to be in. All I could think was: "I don't want to get far into one subject, decide it's not for me, and realize all those classes are now wasted time and money." While I'm sure now that I want to stay in Kin, that doesn't make me feel any less rushed. Now I'm already looking at what graduate schools I would like to go too. I would love to stay in Michigan, so I decided to search which schools in Michigan offer a master's level degree or higher in OT. On City Town Info, I found that Calvin College, Eastern Michigan, Grand Valley State, Saginaw Valley State, Wayne State, and Western Michigan all offer a masters degree or higher. On this website, it also stated that Battle Creek, Saginaw, and Ann Arbor have the highest percentage of jobs relative to their population, while Holland, Lansing, and Niles have the lowest. This information, while not in depth was very helpful to me because now I know the possible schools that I should look more into, and a job outlook for areas around Michigan as well for after I complete my schooling.

WORKS CITED

"Michigan Occupational Therapists: Schools and Careers." City Town Info. n.p. n.d. Web. 16 March 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment